Facilities and equipment
High quality facilities are a prerequisite for the realization of innovative projects. The Institutes associated with Signalife have developed state-of-the-art technology platforms with open access for all local scientists:
- Imaging Facilities through the multi-site MICA Platform (http://www.mica-bio.fr/), providing access to optical microscopy including bright field and fluorescence microscope, live cell microscopy (both wide-field and confocal), TIRF and confocal microscopy, super-resolution microscopy, laser-capture microdissection and electron microscopy, facilities for image analysis (deconvolution, 3D rendering and animation) and several flow cytometers and cell sorters.
- Two main functional Genomics Platforms in Sophia-Antipolis (IPMC) and Nice (IRCAN), merged into the same structure, UCA GenomiX (http://www.genomique.info/), equipped with Next Generation sequencing facilities with developments in long reads sequencing, single-cell approaches and bioinformatics. Additional molecular biology platforms in Nice notably include a genome editing facility (iBV) with the latest CRISPR / Cas9 technology for targeted genome modifications in various model organisms.
- Proteomics, lipidomics and metabolomics facilities (http://www.capabio.fr/) located on 3 sites providing with multiple mass spectrometry and proteomics equipments.
- A Biobank, located in Nice Hospital providing high quality, ethically obtained biospecimens to support research and closely associated with genotyping and molecular pathology laboratory.
- Several histology platforms providing advices and training for all histological studies.
- Animal units and experimental facilities in Nice and Sophia-Antipolis (4 sites) for various animal models.
Update – January, 2018